- 10830 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB T5J 2B3, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here's How We Work:
We are currently seeking a Transportation Engineer for our Edmonton office. This position will provide technical support and services to the Traffic Engineering / Transportation Planning team, helping define the cities of tomorrow.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- Traffic impact studies, including collecting transportation data, building traffic analysis models, performing traffic analysis
- Parking studies, including reviewing municipal policy, calculating parking utilization and demand rates, performing site visits, and formulating parking supply recommendations
- Technical memo and report writing
- Roadway conceptual/ functional designs, including preparing cross-sections and plan view drawings based on the study outcomes and project objectives.
- Traffic management plans during construction, including typical plans
- Traffic signage and pavement marking plans
- Traffic signal design, including preparing signal timing/ phasing plans
- Assisting with preparing proposals, budgets and schedules
- Coordination with other design disciplines, offices, and staff
- For some assignments, helping to manage data collection by third parties
- Liaise with clients and the public
- Potentially assist with broader transportation planning studies, including problem definition, option evaluation, and development of recommendations
You'll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Transportation Planning, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Technology with a focus on Transportation
- 5+ or more years of experience that includes technical and business development experience in traffic engineering and transportation planning
- Experience in managing small projects and studies would be welcome
- Working knowledge of Synchro and/or similar traffic analysis software is required
- Ability in AutoCAD at a basic level is required; additional skill would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of EMME, AIMSUN, VISSIM, SIDRA would each be beneficial
- Working knowledge of TAC/ BC/ Alberta / municipal geometric design standards is beneficial
- Must possess a collaborative attitude in working with other members of a transportation team
- Must be able to work independently with direction and supervision provided as needed based on the complexity of the assignment(s)
- Must demonstrate an ability to work within established timelines, and within project budgets
The Edmonton office is located in the downtown core area close to the LRT with multiple restaurants and two gym's across the road from the building.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.