BIM Coordination Specialist
- 1285 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4B1, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s how we work:
At IBI, our Buildings and Facilities Design professionals thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us. As a member of our Team, you will have the opportunity to work on unique and leading-edge projects with a local focus to make a global difference.
IBI Group’s Vancouver office is searching for a BIM Coordination Specialist to join its growing team. The incumbent would be part of an overall mission focusing on cross-sector synergy (between Intelligence, Buildings and Infrastructure) empowering global work-sharing, standardization and optimization, as well as shepherding cross-sector collaboration and data harnessing throughout a project’s lifecycle.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity with unlimited growth potential? Are you looking for the chance to work for a firm with a strong reputation in their field and be part of a dynamic and creative team?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Perform various Building Information Models (BIM) tasks such as producing, reviewing and managing project drawings and documentations
- Perform and checking models ensuring that they meet IBI Group and project standards and they meet the project’s BIM Goals.
- Ensure projects have a defined BIM Execution Plan and champion fulfillment of the plan throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of the models
- Act in a leadership capacity to assist the BIM Team for both Design and Production
- Keep an eye on coordination and troubleshooting, and act as a subject matter expert on BIM (Revit) related issues while maintaining best practices
- Maintain constant communication with the Canada West Regional BIM Lead to ensure bi-direction communication between staff and the region
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in BIM technology support role in the A/E field including production and coordination
- Expertise with Revit Architecture, Revit Structure and/or Revit MEP as demonstrated by sophisticated use of software
- Familiarity with interoperability between Revit and other disciplines-specific software programs, demonstrating awareness of the differences between BIM for Building, Civil and Plant.
- Experience in 3D design and multi-discipline coordination, managing models and facilitating data exchange
- Good communication skills for team-based working environment and for teaching others about best practices in BIM
- Excellent team leadership to lead a BIM team for design and production
- Excellent planning and organization skills required for fast-paced projects
- Highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to interact with external entities (clients, owners, agencies) to interpret and understand desired BIM or CAD delivery requirements.
The office is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver overlooking the beautiful and scenic Coal Harbour. An abundance of amenities like: restaurants, cafes, a pharmacy, and so much more seconds away from the office. Quite accessible by public transit, bike, and by car.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.