Intermediate Architectural Designer
- 11 Ave SW, Calgary, AB, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right
Partnerships – We work together
Excellence – We pursue design excellence
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity
Community – We build community
Here’s how we work:
IBI Group’s Calgary office is looking for an Architectural Designer to join the team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on various projects from design phase through to construction. To be successful in this role it requires strong design and working drawing skills.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will allow you to join a highly creative and collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and designing excellence?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Works with internal Project Managers and Architects to establish project requirements; develop excellent design options
- Develops architectural designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Creates and presents design solutions using corporate standards and client's specifications; schematic design to detailed design development
- Assists in coordinating the design of projects, including liaising with clients
- Attends design team meetings
- Engages in creative design development tasks individually or as part of a team
- Prepares design presentations including renderings, PowerPoint and printed/mounted panels as required
- Other responsibilities; as determined on an individual project basis
You'll need to have:
- University Degree or College Diploma in Architecture
- Registration with AAA, would be preferred.
- 5+ years of architectural design experience
- Experienced in Revit and SketchUp
- Working knowledge of the Calgary Land Use Bylaw and Alberta Building Code
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent design/design development and graphics skills
- Experience with developing and researching appropriate details
- Excellent time management skills, Initiative, attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
We are conveniently located just outside the downtown core in the Beltline . We are also easily accessible from 4th Street. We are a 10 minute walk to the downtown core and 10 minutes away from the 3rd and 4th street LRT stations.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.