- SW Harvey Milk St, Portland, OR, USA
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right
Partnerships – We work together
Excellence – We pursue design excellence
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity
Community – We build community
Here's how we work:
IBI Group's Portland office is searching for a Receptionist with an interest in the Architecture and Planning industry. The team offer a supportive environment, encouraging career growth and are looking for someone who has the desire to learn and progress their career within an administrative role.
Most of the things you'll do:
- Unlock entry doors at 8am and lock them at 5pm everyday
- Brew coffee and unload dishwashers each morning, and run dishwashers each evening.
- Review general cleanliness of office areas, send reminder emails to staff as necessary
- Manage meeting room calendars and send outlook invitations as required
- Liaise with Lunch & Learn Coordinator, book rooms and place food orders as needed
- Organize staff events as necessary, plan travel, order food, organize schedules
- File project and office paperwork
- Liaise with printer vendor to resolve mechanical issues as they arise
- Track and organize car maintenance, insurance coverage and general cleaning
- Receive visitors, direct them appropriately, and provide refreshments as necessary
- Answer the phone and redirect calls to staff
- Provide visual observation of the two public entrances to our space during office hours
You'll need to have:
- Up to 3 years experience working in a Customer Service, Retail or Receptionist role
- Previous experience with a multi-line phone system is preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Experience in supporting multiple individuals
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- High level of professionalism is a must
- Ability to work within diverse, fast-paced environment
- The ability to multitask and handle a variety of situations
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.