Parking Operations Analyst (Transportation Engineer/Planner)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here's How We Work:
Automobile trips begin and end with a parked vehicle. Parking is an essential part of defining the cities of tomorrow. The correct number of parking spaces, the right locations, the technology and connectivity to both users and vehicles, and key policies all play a part in developing strategic parking plans for cities and institutions. Working on these master plans, as well as parking bylaw reviews, are just some of the exciting opportunities that the Traffic Operations and Safety group can help provide with our Parking studies.
We are currently seeking a Transportation Engineer or Engineer-in-Training for our Downtown Toronto Office. This position will provide technical support and services to the Parking team as part of the Traffic Operations and Safety team, and must have the ability to work with both senior and junior staff within a multi-disciplinary team.
Most Of What You'll Be Doing:
- Function as a project engineer on parking projects with a focus on determining existing parking operations, calculating future parking supply and demand, running analysis to determine optimal payment price for parking, reviewing policies such as free on-street parking or residential permit parking programs, parking enforcement strategies, and many other interesting parking solutions;
- Prepare technical reports, memos, proposals, and documentation related to current or prospective projects;
- Determine schedule and budget, and actively monitor these elements, for new parking projects;
- Analyze, plan, and design solutions and policies for parking master plan problems;
- Coordinate with other design disciplines, offices, and staff; and,
- Liaise with clients and the public.
What You'll Need To Have:
- Ideally 4+ years’ experience Parking Operations and Analysis with a background in traffic engineering, parking master plan studies, and/or parking justification studies;
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning or equivalent experience;
- Ideally a Professional Engineer or working towards achieving the P.Eng. designation;
- Synchro / SimTraffic experience is an asset; experience with HCS and roundabout operations analysis applications is also helpful;
- Working knowledge of site planning and design vehicle accommodation using CAD applications (e.g., AutoCAD, Micro-Station) is an asset;
- Working knowledge of municipal bylaws, and how to read and interpret them;
- Working knowledge of MTO and TAC geometric design standards;
- Ability to communicate effectively, and produce technical reports, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. strong analytical skills in MS Excel);
- Self-motivated, strategic, analytical and critical thinker;
- Excellent analytic and decision-making skills, with a commitment to excellence and high quality work;
- Innovative and motivated individual willing to take initiative and interested in seeking solutions to complex problems;
- Must possess a collaborative attitude in working with other members of the transportation team; and,
- A valid Class G Ontario driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 6 months.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.