Traffic Impact Study Analyst (Transportation Engineer/Planner)
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Traffic Impact Study Analyst
Here's How We Work:
We are currently seeking a Junior Transportation Engineer, Engineer-in-Training, or Technologist for our Downtown Toronto office. This position will provide technical support and services to the Traffic Engineering / Transportation Planning team, helping define the cities of tomorrow.
Most Of What You'll Be Doing:
- Traffic impact studies, including
- collecting transportation data (e.g., scheduling field data collection, performing site visits, and obtaining data from databases),
- building traffic analysis models,
- interpreting signal timing plans,
- performing traffic operational analysis,
- calculating growth rates,
- determining trip generation using industry manuals and proxy survey results,
- calculating trip distributions, and report writing; and
- Parking studies, including
- reviewing municipal policy,
- scheduling field data collection,
- performing site visits,
- summarizing field data,
- understanding site plans and site statistics,
- calculating parking utilization and demand rates,
- formulating parking supply recommendations, and report writing.
You'll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Transportation Planning, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Technology with a focus on Transportation;
- 1 to 7 years’ experience in traffic engineering, traffic operations, and/or transportation planning - strong coop experience is welcome for new graduates;
- MUST have a working knowledge of Synchro / SimTraffic; also helpful are roundabout operations analysis applications;
- Ideally working towards achieving the P.Eng. / CET designation;
- Must possess a collaborative attitude in working with other members of the transportation team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and produce technical reports, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. strong analytical skills in MS Excel);
- Excellent critical-thinking and decision-making skills, with a commitment to excellence and high quality work;
- Self-motivated, willing to take initiative, and interested in developing practical and innovative solutions to transportation and parking problems;
- Must be able to work with minimal direction, with minimal supervision, sometimes under pressure and with tight timelines, and within project budget;
- Understanding of traffic signal controller parameters and functions is beneficial;
- Working knowledge of MTO and TAC geometric design standards is beneficial;
- Working knowledge of CAD applications (e.g., AutoCAD, Micro-Station, AutoTurn) is beneficial;
- A valid, Class G, Ontario driver’s license, or ability to get one within 6 months; and
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites with limited advanced notice.
This office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 5 floors, with over 650 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charity Golf tournament in the summer
- Softball team
- Running group
- Curling Funspiel
- Ski/Snowboard Day
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.