- 907 SW Harvey Milk St, Portland, OR, United States
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s how we work:
IBI Group is looking for a junior Graphic Designer for the Portland office.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Use InDesign to create and edit a variety of documents with varying requirements, utilizing content originating in Word. Good content organization is a must
- Create PowerPoint presentations in support of interviews, engagement meetings, and project initiatives, using standard IBI branding.
- Create, update, and maintain a library of 'boiler plate' material used for document templates and other marketing materials.
- Create material in support of specific client focused initiatives (physical & digital).
- Create print‐ready files and interface with print shops to ensure appropriate quality of materials.
- Create collateral for digital use (as distinct from print use).
- Visit construction sites to take progress photographs at regular intervals, liaise with project personnel to agree schedule.
- Create content for, monitor, and maintain practice website (ibigroup‐edpnw.com)
- Oversee coordination of conference preparation including leave behind, booth, rolling display, and information packs for IBI Group attendees.
- Compile awards application submissions and coordinate with project personnel.
- Continually explore ways to streamline workflow and use technology while improving the quality of processes and outcomes.
You'll need to have:
- First and foremost, a creative eye and a passion for graphic design and branding
- A desire to be part of an in-house creative team
- A Post-Secondary Bachelor's Degree or Diploma of Design, Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years relevant experience in graphic design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (CC) and Microsoft Office Suite on a PC-based platform
- The ability to creatively and efficiently manage the design and layout of complex multi-page documents; previous work experience with end-to-end proposal development design is an asset
- The ability to take initiative and work independently without direct supervision
- A demonstrated passion for branding, understanding how to translate guidelines into design solutions that reinforce and differentiate a brand identity
- Ability to provide creative input and suggest innovative ways to communicate marketing messages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere in a deadline-driven industry
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and effective in managing the timely delivery of work against short deadlines
- Strong communication skills and team player, with the desire to be a part of a large creative team
- Enthusiastic attitude, passion for design excellence, and strong work ethic
IBI Group is pleased to provide a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer (as applicable under state law). These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence, drug testing and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.