Content and Community Specialist, Global Communications
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here's how we work:
Reporting to the Manager, Global Communications, the Content & Community Specialist, Global Communications helps to source and develop news stories and content from across the firm that aligns with IBI’s strategic initiatives. Supporting internal and external communications functions, this role leads the firm’s social media strategy and execution, and also supports the firm’s media relations activities.
The Content & Community Specialist, Global Communications supports the Manager, Global Communications in the end-to-end delivery, from strategy to implementation, of IBI Group’s social media content. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for effective and impactful internal and external stakeholder engagement through the creation and coordination of compelling campaigns and content across the firm’s communication channels. The ideal candidate will play a supporting role in executing media relations strategies for IBI Group, and ensuring our communication is strategic and aligned with overall company objectives. The ideal candidate is a strong copywriter, well-versed in the social media landscape, and is passionate about producing amazing work.
Most of the things you'll work on:
- STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- In collaboration with the Manager, Global Communications and Manager, Brand & Creative Strategy, develop the annual social media strategy, including trend and best practice research, thematic content calendar development and overall execution plan.
- Proactively source content from multiple business sources and develop communications for various vehicles including leadership messages, intranet, town halls, webcasts, video, website, blog, presentations and social media.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Global Communications, develop thematic campaigns and content and manage/maintain an editorial calendar for content across all channels.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Global Communications, execute on the public relations strategy, including support with media relations, community and business development and company events.
- Handle day-to-day responsibility of social media community management, including sourcing of news items, development and distribution of content, channel engagement, growth and oversight.
- Research and write select blog posts, internal news stories, website news, media releases, media pitches and other internal and external communications.
- Research and write corporate communications including presentations, select correspondence, new hire announcements, company-wide memos and talking points, ensuring communication material is thorough, accurate, complete and error-free.
- Support overall change management strategies to ensure a successful transition within specific timeframes in collaboration with other corporate leads.
- Create quality content, and lead meaningful engagement through all existing social media assets, blog, intranet and website updates.
- Support Manager, Global Communications in execution of media relations strategy; create and manage lists of media contacts, write media releases and pitches, engage through social media and online forums, and support media inquiries.
- Collaborate with Communications team to coordinate media responses, outreach and/or reporting.
- Engage in regular dialogue with senior managers and other global employees to gain a broader understanding of services, projects and office-level activities, and to maintain an understanding of the current employee communication challenges and requirements.
- Support internal and external initiatives that build awareness and excitement around our brands, core business, strategic plans, new product launches, and build upon our reputation as a global leader in the smart cities space.
- Research and write internal and external organizational announcements, project and award wins and other time-sensitive communications.
- Maintain ongoing research and knowledge of best practices, trends and key insights in employee communications, media relations and social media and support Communications team in development of strategic new initiatives.
- Support communication activity for corporate services and practice leads/business leaders including message development, writing and editorial services, production, and distribution.
- Measure, analyze and report on the performance of IBI Group’s social media strategy and other communications initiatives.
- Make recommendations for improvements based on insights, best practices and business objectives.
- Develop measurement plans to ensure various communication vehicles are meeting business objectives and the needs of our stakeholders.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in a public relations and/or corporate communications environment, preferably as a community manager, communications coordinator, copywriter, or with experience in a strategic communications or public relations agency.
- Experience across print, digital, social, web, video and other media; knowledge of the production requirements associated with each platform.
- Demonstrated background in social media community management and media relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of website content management and a high degree of knowledge of electronic communications and delivery platforms.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, media database/monitoring software, and Hootsuite or other social content management and measurement platforms.
- Current understanding of best practice marketing communications techniques, including digital media, typically gained through roles in agency environments.
- Track record of developing and executing successful social media and media relations programs, including influencer/advocacy initiatives.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail.
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive and high-energy approach to client service, team management and delivering results.
- Highly effective working with and through others. You have a truly collaborative style with an ability to effectively influence others through a thoughtful and tactful communication style.
- Experience working in technology, architecture, engineering, and/or planning industries an asset.
This office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 5 floors, with over 650 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charity Golf tournament in the summer
- Softball team
- Running group
- Curling Funspiel
- Ski/Snowboard Day
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI