- 1285 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E 4B1, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right
Partnerships – We work together
Excellence – We pursue design excellence
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity
Community – We build community
Here's how we work:
IBI Group's Vancouver office is searching for an Architectural Graduate to join its Institutional team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on various projects from design phase through to construction. To be successful in this role it requires strong design and working drawing skills.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that will allow you to join a highly creative and collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and designing excellence?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Assist in coordinating sub-consultants/engineers
- Prepare schematic design reports, design development reports and technical working drawings
- Work on multiple projects at the same time and lead small –intermediate size teams to complete each project
- Work with clients and user groups to develop concepts during schematic design and design development meetings
- Organize and lead user group and client stakeholder meetings
- Prepare meeting minutes and project schedules
You'll need to have:
- Master’s degree in Architecture and/or a recognized Institution by the AIBC
- Experience in healthcare and institutional projects preferred
- Experience preparing working drawings
- Must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed and to create technical documents that succinctly describe the work to be done
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship-management skills
- Proficient in drafting programs such as Revit preferred
The office is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver overlooking the beautiful and scenic Coal Harbour. An abundance of amenities like: restaurants, cafes, a pharmacy, and so much more seconds away from the office. Quite accessible by public transit, bike, and by car.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefit package and pays association dues and licensing fees.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #IBI
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.