- Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Engineers thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us. IBI Group engineers work in multiple disciplines and collaborate on larger initiatives. The Team has the opportunity to work on unique and leading-edge projects with a local focus to make a global difference.
IBI Group’s Edmonton office is searching for an intermediate or senior electrical engineer with experience in electrical power distribution systems to be part of our growing practice. The successful candidate will be a registered P.Eng with experience in delivering electrical designs in single and multidisciplinary projects from design through construction documents and contract administration phases.
Occasional travel is required.
IBI Group offers you a career you can Define…Discover It!
• Develop electrical designs for power distribution systems (residential, commercial, and industrial), site facilities, and transportation elements in AutoCAD and Microstation
• Assist in the development of lighting designs for roadways, walkways, parks, and parking lots in AutoCAD and Microstation
• Prepare technical reports, bill of materials, estimates, and tender documentation.
• Liaise with clients, consultants, and vendors to obtain project information and to discuss specific design related problems
• Communicate effectively with team members and other disciplines (Engineers, Architects, Designers and Project Managers) in the design and specification development of electrical projects within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team
• Communicate effectively with clients
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation and ensure compliance with any applicable QA/QC programs
• Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis, budget estimates) comply with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices.
• Ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner to a high quality.
• Perform and/or coordinate quality control checks, inspections, contractor supervision, and reporting
• Take direction from Senior Leadership
• Contribute and assist with business development activities
• Verify construction and produce record drawings
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Registered with APEGA as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng)
• Knowledge and understanding of electrical power distribution design and inspections required
• Strong knowledge and experience in electrical grounding and bonding details.
• Very good knowledge of constructability and experience in performing site inspections, construction supervision and contract administration
• Working knowledge of Alberta and Municipal Standards and Regulations, Canadian Electrical Code, Canadian Building Code.
• Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Visio)
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2018
• Experience in AutoCAD or Microstation Designs
• Must demonstrate a collaborative attitude in working with members of the Team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
The following are assets:
• Lighting designs for roadways, pathways, parks, and parking lots.
• Working knowledge of TAC and MUTCD
• Knowledge in AutoCAD Electrical, Sketchup
• Telecommunications design knowledge
• Experience with Microstation 8i or later
• Proficiency with AutoCAD MAP 3D 2014, Autolux, and AGI32 lighting design software.
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering various projects in complexity and size/scope
We request applicants submit RESUME highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.