- Von Karman Ave, Irvine, CA, USA
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here’s how we work:
The Irvine office is hiring a Transportation Planner to join our Transportation Planning team. IBI Group is a leader in providing professional services to clients resulting in sustainable regional and urban transportation systems that define the cities of tomorrow. IBI Group’s transportation planning practice in Southern California is helping cities, counties, regional agencies, transit agencies, and private developers throughout region and beyond to create places that are safe, comfortable, and convenient for people to travel by transit, on foot, or by bicycle. Our Irvine office collaborates extensively with our partner offices in Los Angeles and San Diego to deliver sustainable transportation planning solutions for clients across Southern California, and we are looking for a motivated and versatile transportation planner to join our team.
Some key projects our team has worked on are: Fullerton Wilshire Avenue Bicycle Boulevard Feasibility Study, Oceanside Coast Highway Corridor Study, Los Angeles Metro Transit Supportive Planning Toolkit, Los Angeles Metro Purple Line First-Last Mile Planning and Yosemite National Park Mariposa Grove Visitor Shuttle Operating Plan.
Most of what you'll work on:
- Assisting the Project Manager on a variety of tasks, including reviewing relevant policies, performing technical analysis, writing reports, and preparing presentations for clients.
- Assisting on major transit/transportation studies, involving the need and justification for new transportation projects, analysis of alternatives, demand forecasting, transportation system/network planning and operations, transportation master plans, new mobility choices such as bike share or connected vehicles, and sustainable transportation.
- Planning, undertaking and analysis of major transportation data collection efforts.
- Interpreting and reporting on travel forecast results and plans, communication of findings to clients/stakeholders
- Participate on various project teams in Irvine, Los Angeles, San Diego, and other offices to coordinate and assist with the technical delivery of a wide variety of transportation projects including master planning and functional design for cycling, multi-use trail, and pedestrian facilities, transit planning, corridor planning, traffic impact studies, and parking studies.
- Preparing design concepts related to active transportation projects, traffic impact studies, parking and traffic calming studies, and traffic management plans.
- Integrating transportation planning and engineering to solve complex issues; working closely with traffic, urban design and other disciplines to develop solutions.
- Performing technical analysis and report writing to support studies.
You'll need to have:
- A University Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Urban Planning, or a similar field; with a Masters degree in transportation engineering or planning preferred
- 2 to 7 years of related transportation experience in the work environment
- Experience with the transportation interactions with land use/urban design, the economy and environment
- Ability to undertake complex technical analysis, using tools such as travel demand forecasting (e.g. EMME, TransCAD), micro-simulation (e.g. VISSIM, AIMSUN), GIS, Synchro, database, etc.
- Previous experience with and/or knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation is a definite asset
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work with project or study teams
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills, with a commitment to excellence and high quality work
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Innovative and motivated individual willing to take initiative and interested in seeking solutions to complex problems in a team environment
IBI Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits, flexible spending accounts and much more.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.