Sr Electrical Engineer (Roadway Lighting)
- 9133 Leslie St, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4N1, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow
Engineers thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question, to enhance the areas around us. IBI Group engineers work in multi-disciplinary teams to collaborate on large initiatives.
IBI Group’s, Richmond Hill office is searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience in Roadway Design to join its growing team. The incumbent will work on progressive and large scale transportation and municipal projects.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that can move your career to the next level?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
IBI Group offers you a career that you can Define…Discover It!
- Client relationship building and management including, but not limited to, taking part in business development activities, proposal preparation, organizing staff resources, establishing project budgets and schedules, etc.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal team members (Engineers, Architects, Designers and Project Managers) in the design and specification development of electrical, lighting and communications systems projects within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team.
- Lead and Contribute to the successful design, production, coordination and management of electrical, lighting and communications systems projects.
- Develop power distribution, lighting and auxiliary systems designs in AutoCAD and/or Microstation such as single line diagrams, wiring schematics, photometric layouts, grounding details.
- Prepare and review wire sizing, voltage drop and conduit capacity calculations.
- Prepare technical reports, tender documentation and field support (including commissioning/site inspection).
- Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis, budget estimates) comply with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices.
- Review drawings to ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC programs.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner to a high quality including engineering stamped drawings and preparing final reports.
- Direct and mentor junior staff.
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years’ relevant experience in lighting and electrical systems design (in a consulting environment).
- Must have or be eligible for the P. Eng. designation in Ontario
- Proven experience in electrical design of municipal roadway lighting, and communications systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code
- Proficiency with engineering software including AutoCAD, Microstation, Autolux, and AGI32 lighting design software
- Experience performing electrical site inspections, construction supervision and contract administration
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering various complex projects with large size and scope
- Strong interpersonal communications skills applicable both internally with project delivery staff as well as externally with project partners (clients, consultants, contractors and regulatory authorities)
- Experience with O.Reg 22/04 certification and liaising with utility authorities
- Experience with pole loading software i.e. SPIDAcalc or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience working on MTO Minor and Major Electrical projects. R.A.Q.S and/or Q.V.E. certification is an asset.