Data Warehouse Developer/DBA
- 55 St Clair Ave W, Toronto, ON M4V 1N5, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow!
The IBI Group Data Service team delivers complex solutions and pushes the limits of technology. We use technology, data warehouse and business intelligence tools to manage transportation corridors, transit systems, building infrastructure, energy and utilities.
IBI Group’s Intelligent Systems team in Toronto’s St Clair office is seeking a talented Data Waterhouse Developer/DBA with 3+ years’ experience in ETL Development to join our growing team.
You’ll call on a diverse set of data warehouse skills; we are looking for someone who has strong Data Warehouse, SQL Server, Oracle and MYSQL Database experience to work in our mission critical Systems!
- Participate in design and development of data warehouse expansion including operational and warehouse management systems (WMS) data.
- Experience in Developing, modifying and maintaining ETL routine process using established libraries and tools Like SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Python (Tensorflow, Pandas), JSON, and Azure Analysis Service Modeling like Data Factor, Data Lake, and Data Storage.
- Knowledge in designing and implementing data warehouse utilizing dimensional modelling approaches and the Kimball methodology, including star schema, dimensions and fact tables, cubes.
- Writing project documentation, including design specifications, producing test plans.
- Working closely with other teams to understand their needs and analytical requirements.
- Able to discuss complex technical issues with end-users and working with users to prototype applications and agree modification specifications.
- Collaborate with other software developers, software architects, product owner and project manager to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain databases required for development, testing and production.
- Monitor the database environment, identify performance, trends and develop meaningful reporting, metrics and trending documentation to develop action plans.
- Experience with GIS and ETL products for data processing and analysis (FME, ESRI, MapInfo, QGIS, and Alteryx etc.)
- Developing and optimizing efficient PL/SQL code.
- BI software knowledge is desirable (Tableau, Power BI, WebFocus)
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience working as a developer in Data Warehouse, Data modeling, and BI System delivery projects.
- 1+ years of experience with Big Data projects and a strong background in data integration technologies.
- Strong knowledge in ETL tools such as Ab-Initio, Talend, Alteryx, iWay and Informatica are a bonus.
- 1+ years of experience in working with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, T-SQL, PL/SQL coding and performance tuning.
- Ability to work with a team environment and willingness to learn and continuously improve.
- Strong Communication skills - both written and verbal
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.