Traffic Signal Design Engineer / Manager
- 9133 Leslie St, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 4N1, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow!
Engineers thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us. IBI Group engineers work in multiple disciplines and collaborate on larger initiatives. The Team has the opportunity to work on unique and leading-edge projects with a local focus to make a global difference.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
We work on exciting projects like vivaNext! https://www.ibigroup.com/ibi-projects/vivanext-york-region-rapid-transit/
Come discover what IBI has to offer.
• Develop traffic signal and traffic control devices designs in AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
• Design Experience in functional roadway geometric, pavement marking and signage, AODA accessible path criteria, traffic signal system equipment, cone of vision and roadway infrastructure dimensional relationship, utility clearances, single line diagrams, wiring schematics, photometric layouts, and grounding details.
• Preparing wire sizing, voltage drop and conduit capacity calculations.
• Research into latest technology for traffic signaling equipment and lighting fixtures and associated controls, prepare technical reports, tender documentation and field support (including commissioning/site inspection).
• Communicate effectively with clients and internal team members (Engineers, Architects, Designers and Project Managers) in the design and specification development of traffic signal projects within an integrated multi-disciplinary project delivery team.
• Ensure accuracy, completeness and quality of technical information and project documentation in accordance with QA/QC programs.
• Ensure that engineering deliverables (e.g., drawings, specifications, analysis, budget estimates) comply with applicable regulations, standards, corporate procedures and sound engineering practices.
• Initiate and work with drafting staff to complete engineering drawings
• Ensure that project deliverables are met in a timely manner to a high quality
• Take direction from Senior Project Managers
• Direct and supervise AutoCAD technicians
• Review drawings and perform quality control checks
• University Degree in Electrical Engineering or Civil Engineering focused on transportation engineering
• Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is preferred
• Registered with PEO as a Professional Engineer or EIT
• At least 3 years of proven hands-on experience in traffic signals design and inspection, functional roadway design, temporary staging, traffic operations/analysis, site plan design and telecommunications projects
• Working knowledge of Ontario Traffic Manuals, HTA, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, TAC and MUTCDC.
• Proficiency with engineering software including AutoCAD, Microstation, AutoTurn, Autolux, Synchro, and AGI32 lighting design software
• Experience performing site inspections, construction supervision and contract administration
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team delivering various projects in complexity and size/scope
• Strong interpersonal communications skills applicable both internally with project delivery staff as well as externally with project partners (clients, consultants, contractors and regulatory authorities)
• Familiarity with the Canadian Electrical Code and OPSS Standards
• Experience in 120/240VAC and 347 VAC power distribution and associated calculations in support of the design of feeders and main service connection
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Occasional travel is a requirement
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted for further consideration. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.