- Waterloo, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow.
We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Our Waterloo office is looking for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join our team. You will be given the opportunity to work on a variety of project types with a focus on high-rise residential projects. As a member of this team, not only will you be given the opportunity to work on a design team, but you will be guided and mentored by some of the most highly recognized talent in the architectural space. The Senior Architectural Technologist will be given the opportunity to become a Job Captain who can actively participate in document production, and also oversee and coordinate the work of others.
• Preparing contract documents
• Preparing design development presentations
• Liaising with sub consultants
• Working with and/or managing production teams
• Assisting with and/or managing contract administration services
• Architectural graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologist Program
• Minimum of 7 years of experience as a technologist in an architectural firm with a focus on high-rise residential projects
• Speed, accuracy and proficiency in Microsoft Office software, AutoCAD, Revit and following office CADD Standards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Able to direct junior staff, coordinate with sub-consultants and adopt a leadership role on small to medium sized projects
• Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.