Category Lead Engines
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: GroupProcurement
Why IAG GBS?
IAG Global Business Services (IAG GBS) is part of International Airlines Group (IAG), one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year.
IAG GBS provides a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to IAG’s operating companies which include British Airways, Iberia, LEVEL, Vueling, Aer Lingus, IAG Cargo and IAG Loyalty.
IAG GBS is headquartered in Krakow, and has operations in London, Madrid, Barcelona and Dublin.
The individual in this role will have the responsibility of...
- Leading procurement spend on products and services for the engines, APUs and nacelles on all the fleets in the IAG operating companies
- Working closely with stakeholders in the operating companies, ensuring the delivery of effective, robust and compliant procurement that delivers the business plan while maximizing the Group’s buying power
- Leading strategic activities, including category strategy, sourcing, risk management and acting as a single point of contact for senior operating companies stakeholders
- Taking responsibility for developing and implementing a three to five year category strategic plan for the engines, APU and nacelles sub-category
- Taking responsibility for developing and implementing local and global sourcing strategies for all external spend activity
- Maintaining positive and active stakeholder relationships in all operating companies, ensuring appropriately robust support and challenge while supporting the delivery of the operating companies’ business plans
- Managing supplier risk to protect the operating companies and the Group from financial, operational and reputational damage
- Providing commercial innovation to stakeholders through interaction with stakeholders and supply base to evaluate opportunities
- Working with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to resolve commercial and contractual disputes, in particular suppliers with high complexity and/or high spend
- Supporting operating companies tier 1 (high strategic/high risk/high spend) projects. Work with strategic suppliers to grow and develop supplier markets
- Active liaison with suppliers, operating company stakeholders and IAG GBS Procurement Operations Centre to ensure supplier performance management is acceptable and compliant with contracts
- Working alongside business areas to identify, challenge, harmonize and simplify specifications and processes across the operating companies to ensure that Group buying power is maximized
- Ensuring that all procurement activity is carried out in line with all Group and operating company governance principles
- Developing effective and positive working relations with key stakeholders across the Group and operating companies including line, finance, legal and other stakeholders
- Taking an active role in cross-departmental strategic and leadership activities
- Maintain swift project reporting utilising IAG GBS centralised digital activity systems
- Strong business and financial acumen with 5 years of demonstrable responsibility for international procurement projects in short haul and long haul CEO and NEO commercial engines, covering engine acquisition and maintenance, including PBH contracts
- Senior level responsibility for leading cross-culture teams in a matrixed organization
- Senior level experience of partnering with senior leaders and executives in a fast moving and agile business environment
- Senior level experience in Procurement in a complex global organization
- Experience of working in an environment of change involving people, process, policy and technology
- Strong demonstrable commercial expertise including evaluation, contract negotiation and dispute resolution
- Strong aptitude and knowledge across commercial engines lifecycles and awareness of market trends and suppliers
- Experience and proven abilities to evaluate and analyse complex engine maintenance structures, and to innovate and solve challenges
- The ability to influence, align diverse views, foster teamwork and gain consensus, providing clarity and direction on what is to be achieved, break down communications barriers that would otherwise impede the best outcome
- The ability to prioritize, maintain clear focus and provide direction in constant change, choice and ambiguity, using knowledge, judgement, resilience and courage to resolve conflicting priorities and manage challenges
- Aeronautical engineer, Engineering, Economics or science degree
- The chance to enjoy a challenging and rewarding career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry
- The opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with pleasant offices in several attractive locations. IAG GBS works to provide all our people with a healthy work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organisation, including health insurance, pension and performance bonuses
- We are an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law