- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: IAG Tech
About IAG Tech
IAG Tech is a community of IT and digital professionals from across the International Airlines Group (IAG). We drive the technology behind some of the biggest and most successful brands in global aviation, including British Airways, Aer Lingus, and Iberia.
Brought together in 2019, we are a unique community with a shared vision to deliver Technology Excellence and be recognised as industry leaders in the use of technology.
Our mission is to delight customers, enable employees, accelerate business performance, protect our business and increase shareholder value, through the innovative and agile use of technology and data.
We use product-centric delivery teams using agile methods to implement new capabilities at pace and maximise business outcomes. With a relentless focus on improving system performance and stability, we continually strive to find new and better ways to innovate and support the Group.
At IAG Tech we share common values to help us create the right culture to underpin our thriving community:
Innovation | we value identifying new ways of using technology to solve business challenges
Empowerment | we value giving people the freedom to operate, that they take accountability, and collaborate with colleagues
Professionalism | we value having and developing the right knowledge and competency to be able to do our jobs to the best of our ability
Transparency | we value honesty and integrity and always share the reality in a manner the business understands
Agility | we value responsiveness, speed and flexibility in everything we do
We celebrate when we see great examples of our values in action and challenge each other when we see these values being ignored.
Purpose of the role
The bridge between the IAG Cargo business and IT teams (incl. 3rd party solution providers) by understanding and capturing the business needs in a way that enables IT to develop, test and deploy solution(s) that deliver the target business benefits.
Working in partnership with IAG Tech, and the IAG Cargo business to:
- Use structured best practice methodologies understand the business needs, target benefits and priorities
- Create and manage their requirements workshop plan(s) and lead the workshops to ensure objectives are achieved
- Capture and document the business requirements in a structure and format that enables IAG Tech (incl. 3rd party solution providers) to deliver solution(s) that will meet the business need.
- Support IAG Tech (incl. 3rd party solution providers) with designing the solution(s)
- Support the creation of test cases (technical and business)
- Consider both business needs and the IAG Tech Enterprise Architecture Strategy (including defined standards) when supporting IAG Tech with solution design.
- Manage the review and sign-off/approval of documented requirements, covering the following as a minimum input – business/customer, quality – defined business analysis/document standards, output – IAG Tech/solution provider
- Deliver on a number of projects, the breadth and complexity of which will vary depending on experience.
This role may require travel and working from multiple sites/locations. Willing and able to travel to participate in meetings, workshops, and other related activities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Strong workshop leader and facilitator
- Forming strong stakeholder relationships, with a proven ability of influencing, negotiating and persuading internally and externally
- Effective senior stakeholder management, balancing and finding compromises between opposing views and opinions
- Business partnering, working as a valued partner with senior stakeholders across a diverse operation, delivering a value-added service to business customers.
- Strong analytical approach to capturing business requirements, documenting them in a succinct manner
- Ability to recognise priorities and guide others towards the accomplishment of strategic business goals and objectives
- Embracing and managing both business and IT change as necessary to help shape future direction
- Ability to work under pressure
- Identifies and contributes to the continual improvement of analysis capability across the organisation
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstratable experience of successfully performing a Business Analysis role in both Agile and Waterfall delivery settings
- Demonstrable experience of process engineering and requirement documentation
- Experience of working in a business and technology delivery environment
- Experience of working with Architecture frameworks, process mapping tools and Agile 7 Waterfall management tools is highly desirable:
- Experience of operating across multiple countries and cultures is desirable.
The chance to enjoy a challenging career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry, working in a multi-cultural environment with great offices in many locations. We aim to provide all our people with a work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organisation, including health insurance, pension, and performance bonuses
Diversity and Inclusion
IAG Tech is part of the IAG GBS organisation, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that we can only deliver the required business outcomes if we have a thriving community of technology professionals. Together we strive to become the very best at what we do.
We focus on making Tech a great place to work, with a community that we feel proud to belong to. To help make this a reality, our people strategy focuses on six key domains: Engagement, Talent Management, Reward and Recognition, Performance Management, Learning and Development and Culture.
We understand the importance of Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace to deliver this strategy – everyone should feel part of our team. We want to foster an inclusive workplace, celebrate individuality and embrace differences so that everyone in IAG Tech can achieve their goals and ambitions, regardless of their personal circumstances or background.
As a Group, IAG has an ambition that 40% of senior management roles are held by women by 2025. IAG Tech fully supports that ambition, and we are working to help make it a reality. With this in mind, we have set ourselves the challenging target of recruiting 50% female colleagues by 2030.