Buyer - Global Tactical Sourcing Indirect
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: GroupProcurement
IAG GBS (Global Business Services) is part of International Airlines Group, one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year.
IAG GBS provides a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to IAG’s operating companies which include Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, LEVEL and Vueling.
The company is headquartered in Krakow, and has operations in London, Madrid, Dublin and Chennai.
- Responsible for managing the end to end sourcing process and the implementation category strategy in relation to goods and services.
- Working with stakeholders to standardize/simplify specifications, define sourcing strategy, analyse RFP output, negotiate commercial terms and contract agreement drafting.
- Provide coverage to all sourcing processes globally within the category with key objectives being savings, cash improvement, transaction automation, e-Sourcing, Supply base rationalization, Risk mitigation and ensuring contractual coverage.
- Proven negotiation record in the multinational environment
- Experience in legal contract drafting
- Strong aptitude and knowledge across full commodity life-cycle and awareness of market trends and suppliers
- Strong business and financial acumen with ability to evaluate, analyse and solve problems
- Ability to influence, align diverse views and gain consensus, providing clarity and direction on what is to be achieved and break down barriers that get in the way of effective team working
- Ability to prioritize, maintain clear focus and provide direction in constant ambiguity and change, using knowledge, judgment, resilience and courage to resolve conflicting priorities and manage crises
- Ability to operate effectively in an environment with tight deadlines and finite resource and uncertainty
- Commitment to service excellence and process improvement
- Language skills: English mandatory, Spanish as an asset
- The chance to enjoy a challenging career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry
- The opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with great offices in many locations. We aim to provide all our people with a work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organisation, including health insurance, pension and performance bonuses
- We are an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law