- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: IAG Tech
We are part of International Airlines Group (IAG), one of the world’s leading airline groups and owner of some of the biggest brands in the sky.With a diverse workforce spread across four countries, IAG GBS provides creative and innovative solutions to drive sustainable transformation by delivering finance, procurement and airline services, as well as group-wide systems across IAG. Each operating company benefits from the GBS centralized model, driving efficiencies, automation and economies of scale. IAG Tech’s vision is to increase shareholder value, accelerate business performance, delight customers, enable employees, and protect our business through the innovative and agile use of technology and data.
Purpose of the role
The Cloud Engineer focuses on cloud services, such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Create, maintain, audit and improve cloud solutions and templates, by writing diagnostic programs, designing and writing code in line with defined requirements to meet particular needs.
Working in partnership with IAG Tech and the business to:
- Produce logical and physical designs for all layers of the cloud architecture, from user interface through to back-end databases and systems.
- Consider and evaluate potential package “off the shelf” solutions in association with IAG Tech Architecture to achieve the defined requirements (including piloting, prototyping and assessing cost of potential solutions).
- Design and deliver cloud solutions that achieve the identified requirements, using standard methods, tools and techniques. Obtaining specialist advice on aspects of the design, technical policy and test strategy from appropriate specialists as required.
- Plan, design and conduct tests of cloud solutions, translating acceptance criteria into suitable tests; corrects errors and re-tests to achieve an error-free result. This includes actively seeking and deploying automated test solutions.
- Create environments that enable and encourage Continuous Improvement/Continuous Development and DevSecOps ways of working taking input from process owners and other subject matter experts to gain a great understanding of business ways of working and challenges.
- Work with Business Analysts and other stake holders to understand their acceptance criteria.
- Provide support on cloud solutions, building, testing and implementing fault fixes and monitoring the cloud solutions to prevent problems occurring (e.g. DevSecOps environment).
- Deliver on a number of projects, the breadth and complexity of which will vary depending on experience.
This role may require travel and working from multiple sites/locations. Willing and able to travel to participate in meetings, workshops, and other related activities.
- Strategic partners and solution providers
- Business stakeholders
- Delivery Leaders (Product Manager, Product Owner, Programme Manager, Project Manager)
- Software Engineering & Delivery Teams
- IAG Tech Architecture
- Operations & Infrastructure
- Cyber Security
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Specific technical experience and qualifications required.
- Recognized Agile qualifications (SAFe) (preferable not mandatory)
- Excellent ability to deploy and maintain Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions
- Good ability to engineer/develop/code in the specific technology area.
- Forming strong stakeholder relationships, with a proven ability of influencing and persuading internally and externally.
- Effective stakeholder management, balancing and finding compromises between opposing views and opinions.
- Business partnering, working as a valued partner with stakeholders across a diverse operation, delivering a value-added service to business customers.
- Ability to recognize priorities and guide others towards the accomplishment of strategic business goals and objectives.
- Embracing and managing both business and IT change as necessary to help shape future direction.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Innovation - transforming industry trends into practical, cost effective solutions.
- Identifies and contributes to the continual improvement of software engineering capability across the organization.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Proven expertise in the technical design, build, test and support of large and/or complex cloud solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of deploying and maintaining Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions.
- Experience in translating complex business requirements into system design, taking into account technical environment(s), ability of user group to interact with the system and expected life and volatility of system.
- Demonstrable expertise in a specific technical specialism and/or broad technical expertise.
- Experience of developing in an agile and/or DevSecOps environment is highly desirable, including unit testing, behavior driven development, and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Experience of operating across multiple countries and cultures is desirable, but not essential.
The chance to enjoy a challenging career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry, working in a multi-cultural environment with great offices in many locations. We aim to provide all our people with a work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organisation, including health insurance, pension, and performance bonuses.
Diversity and Inclusion:
IAG Tech is part of the IAG GBS organization, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We recognize that we can only deliver the required business outcomes if we have a thriving community of technology professionals. Together we strive to become the very best at what we do.
We focus on making Tech a great place to work, with a community that we feel proud to belong. To help make this a reality, our people strategy focuses on six key domains: Engagement, Talent Management, Reward and Recognition, Performance Management, Learning and Development and Culture.
We understand the importance of Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace to deliver this strategy - everyone should feel part of our team. We want to foster an inclusive workplace, celebrate individuality and embrace differences so that everyone in IAG Tech can achieve their goals and ambitions, regardless of their personal circumstances or background.
As a Group, IAG has an ambition that 40% of senior management roles are held by women by 2025. IAG Tech fully supports that ambition, and we are working to help make it a reality. With this in mind, we have set ourselves the challenging target of recruiting 50% female colleagues by 2030.