Group Transformation Lead
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: IAGAirports
International Airlines Group, S.A. is the parent company of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, LEVEL and Vueling, combining the leading airline networks in Ireland, Spain and the UK, and has one of the world’s leading air-cargo companies, IAG Cargo.
IAG provides unparalleled global reach for customers, with close to 600 aircraft flying to 300 airports.
IAG Airports enables the Group’s transformation efforts, including synergies, across its network, combining skilled procurement knowledge with deep expertise in airport infrastructure, ground operations, lounges, hotels, transportation and fuel.
In addition, IAG Airports works with the Group’s airlines and supply markets to accelerate the adoption of transformative technology, particularly automation across ground operations.
Purpose of the role
Help design (and participate in) transformative change agendas across the Group’s airports.
You will make an impact in this role by…
Resilience and adaptability with a continuous improvement mindset and razor-sharp execution
Structured, critical and practical thinking in order to break down or build processes and think “outside of the box”
Ability to influence and communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
Capability to build strong relationships and engage with and influence stakeholders of all levels (verbally and written)
Ability to operate effectively in an environment with tight deadlines and finite resource and uncertainty
Able to strike balance between short-term improvement and long-term value generation, highly ambitious and delivering results quickly
Ability to run the RFP process (specs, structure, agree suppliers, milestones and evaluation criteria); negotiating with suppliers on all commercial terms (including remote and in-person negotiations).
Project managing multiple procurement projects in parallel at different size and complexity and under time pressure with accuracy and efficiency
Leading the service contracting process in cooperation with other departments
Handling executed contracts and ensuring the Company’s contract inventory being up-to-date
Commitment to service excellence and process enhancement
Strong people skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
Excellent written and spoken English and/or French/Arabic is a plus
Willingness to travel and work in a multi-site/location environment
To succeed in this role, you are likely to have…
- A proven track record in Airport Operations /Aircraft Ground Operations is highly desired
- A proven track record in Procurement (contract management/negotiation/RFx) is highly desired
- Procurement operations experience
- Change management/process improvement experience
- Strong business, procurement and financial acumen
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel and work in a multi-site/location environment
What we offer…
- The chance to enjoy a challenging career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry.
- The opportunity to work in a multi-cultural environment with great offices in many locations. We aim to provide all our people with a work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organization, including health insurance, pension and performance bonuses.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.