Tech Product Owner Customer & Loyalty
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: IAG Tech
About IAG Tech
IAG Tech is a community of IT and digital professionals from across the International Airlines Group (IAG). We drive the technology behind some of the biggest and most successful brands in global aviation, including British Airways, Aer Lingus, and Iberia.
Brought together in 2019, we are a unique community with a shared vision to deliver Technology Excellence and be recognised as industry leaders in the use of technology.
Our mission is to delight customers, enable employees, accelerate business performance, protect our business and increase shareholder value, through the innovative and agile use of technology and data.
We use product-centric delivery teams using agile methods to implement new capabilities at pace and maximise business outcomes. With a relentless focus on improving system performance and stability, we continually strive to find new and better ways to innovate and support the Group.
At IAG Tech we share common values to help us create the right culture to underpin our thriving community:
Innovation | we value identifying new ways of using technology to solve business challenges
Empowerment | we value giving people the freedom to operate, that they take accountability, and collaborate with colleagues
Professionalism | we value having and developing the right knowledge and competency to be able to do our jobs to the best of our ability
Transparency | we value honesty and integrity and always share the reality in a manner the business understands
Agility | we value responsiveness, speed and flexibility in everything we do
We celebrate when we see great examples of our values in action and challenge each other when we see these values being ignored.
Purpose of the Role:
- To be a trusted partner owning the strategy, design, delivery and operation of the Customer and Loyalty product portfolio including CRM, Customer Experience, Customer Engagement, Servicing and Loyalty Program.
Ensures the product teams under his/her responsibility are focused on delivering business outcomes, value and services that meet expectations on quality, cost and performance
Working in partnership with IAG Tech and the eCommerce and Distribution business to:
- Become a trusted partner to the business and own the relationship with the business directors, product owners / sponsors for the product area
- Set direction for Customer and Loyalty portfolio agenda ensuring business objectives are achieved. Define the product vision and roadmap aligned to business strategy, plans and priorities
- Manage demand and associated portfolio, driving its execution. Agree the strategic themes, portfolio vision and backlog, and EPICs as part of a Lean Portfolio Management process to agree the expected outcomes in year
- Size (resource and budget), shape (Dev, DevOps, DevSecOps) and populate the product team(s) to ensure that product vision and roadmap can be delivered. Manages budget defining funding requests and ROI to be delivered and leads resource management activities and product team staffing
- Determine delivery approach, i.e. requirements require a Solution Delivery (Large Solution) and/or Product Delivery (Essential) approach
- For large solutions, create and maintain a solutions backlog, run solution demo’s, operate a solution train and manage delivery of capabilities and enablers
- For core (essential) solutions, create and maintain program and team backlogs, run system and program increment demo’s, drive a continuous delivery pipeline including agile release train, scrums, etc. to manage delivery of capabilities and enablers. As part of this use techniques such as agile, continuous learning, design thinking, eXtreme Programming, kanban, retro’s, etc
- Lead the product teams to ensure it focusses on delivering business outcomes, value and services that meet business expectations on quality, cost and performance
- Monitor business impact and value delivered by each of the products, tracking progress of the delivery of the different products, ensuring that the performance of the product team is demonstrated through KPI’s that measure relevancy (e.g. NPS), usage (e.g. transaction volumes), performance (e.g. SLAs), quality (e.g. defects) and delivery (e.g. velocity)
- Collaborate with the extended IAG Tech leadership team to drive improvements in the IAG Tech operating model and drive local improvement activities to increase the velocity, etc. of the product team
This role may require travel and working from multiple sites/locations. Willing and able to travel to participate in meetings, workshops, and other related activities.
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
Other desired qualifications:
- Strong understanding of technology product delivery standards, frameworks and methodologies
- Awareness of other standards and frameworks such as ITIL, SFIA, SAFe, etc.
Key skills required:
- Strong leadership with a proven ability of influencing and persuading internally and externally
- Effective senior stakeholder management, balancing and finding compromises between opposing views and opinions
- Focused on delivering great services that meet business expectations on quality, cost and performance
- Focused on delivery with an agile mindset
- Business outcome and value driven
- Problem solving & and understanding of the broader business context (business acumen)
- Systematic and rigorous planning of work and priorities
- Flexibility in a rapidly changing and developing environment, with the ability to work under pressure
- Fluent English & Spanish
- Senior level IT leadership, gained in a complex global organisation, with extensive experience of Extensive experience of delivering significant business outcomes and values, through the creation and leadership of agile product teams
- Senior business partnering, working as a valued partner with senior stakeholders and strategic third parties across a diverse operation
- Experience working with agile methodologies, especially with Scrum and SAFe frameworks from the product perspective
- Experience of operating across multiple countries and cultures is desirable, but not essentia
The chance to enjoy a challenging career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry, working in a multi-cultural environment with great offices in many locations. We aim to provide all our people with a work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organisation, including health insurance, pension, and performance bonuses
Diversity and Inclusion
IAG Tech is part of the IAG GBS organisation, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that we can only deliver the required business outcomes if we have a thriving community of technology professionals. Together we strive to become the very best at what we do.
We focus on making Tech a great place to work, with a community that we feel proud to belong to. To help make this a reality, our people strategy focuses on six key domains: Engagement, Talent Management, Reward and Recognition, Performance Management, Learning and Development and Culture.
We understand the importance of Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace to deliver this strategy – everyone should feel part of our team. We want to foster an inclusive workplace, celebrate individuality and embrace differences so that everyone in IAG Tech can achieve their goals and ambitions, regardless of their personal circumstances or background.
As a Group, IAG has an ambition that 40% of senior management roles are held by women by 2025. IAG Tech fully supports that ambition, and we are working to help make it a reality. With this in mind, we have set ourselves the challenging target of recruiting 50% female colleagues by 2030.