- Contract Type: Permanent
- Directorate: GroupProcurement
IAG GBS (Global Business Services) is part of International Airlines Group, one of the world’s leading airline groups, with 546 aircraft flying to over 270 destinations, carrying more than 100 million passengers each year.
IAG GBS provides a plug and play platform of scalable, best in class procurement, finance and IT business services to IAG’s operating companies which include Aer Lingus, Avios, British Airways, IAG, IAG Cargo, Iberia, Iberia Express, LEVEL and Vueling.
The company is headquartered in Krakow, and has operations in London, Madrid, Dublin and Chennai.
- Responsible for managing the end to end sourcing process and the implementation category strategy in relation to goods and services.
- Working with stakeholders (inside and outside of Group Procurement) to standardise/simplify specifications, define sourcing strategy, analyse RFP output, negotiate commercial terms and contract agreement drafting.
- Provide coverage to all sourcing processes globally within the category with key objectives being savings, cash improvement, transaction automation, e-Sourcing, Supply base rationalisation, Risk mitigation and ensuring contractual coverage.
- Implement category plan strategy as defined by Head of Category and Category Leads by leading the end to end sourcing process.
- Negotiate with suppliers on all commercial terms (including remote and in-person negotiations).
- Draft agreements using IAG GBS contractual templates or supplier contracts (with support from IAG GBS legal team).
- Work with stakeholders and the Procurement team to prepare RFP specs and structure, agree suppliers, milestones and evaluation criteria.
- Provide guidelines/methodology to Procurement team for RFP analysis.
- Develop and manage defined communication channel(s) and/or stakeholder groups (within and outside of Group Procurement).
- Provide governance and decision making related to external spend with the supply base.
- Lead specification simplification and alignment activities across all group companies.
- Provide commercial innovation to internal stakeholders through interaction with the supply base.
- Work seamlessly with other functions within the Procurement Operations Centre team (POC) to manage the entire sourcing process; Supplier Intelligence, Procurement team and Planning.
- Work with suppliers to grow and develop supplier markets.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and other stakeholders.
- Proven negotiation record in the multinational environment
- Experience in legal contract drafting
- Strong aptitude and knowledge across full commodity lifecycle and awareness of market trends and suppliers
- Strong business and financial acumen with ability to evaluate, analyse and solve problems
- Ability to influence, align diverse views and gain consensus, providing clarity and direction on what is to be achieved and break down barriers that get in the way of effective team working
- Ability to prioritise, maintain clear focus and provide direction in constant ambiguity and change, using knowledge, judgment, resilience and courage to resolve conflicting priorities and manage crises
- Ability to operate effectively in an environment with tight deadlines and finite resource and uncertainty
- Commitment to service excellence and process improvement
Language skills: English mandatory, Spanish as an asset