- New York, NY
Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing.
Investopedia is the single largest site on the Web for financial education and information and devoted entirely to investing education. The site was started in June 1999 at the height of the internet stock boom as an unbiased source to learn about investing. Today, we continue to strive to be the best online source of financial education and practical advice. Investopedia is a subsidiary of IAC Publishing (NASDAQ: IAC).
Are you passionate about educating the world about finance and investing?
We are too! Investopedia is seeking Freelance Editors to help us create, edit, package and publish our popular educational and news content to reach our 21 million monthly visitors. We cover the world of finance, markets, investing, retirement and spending and are constantly seeking new ways to engage our audiences. We are based in New York, but this is a remote position, as long as you have experience in digital publishing, know your way around a CMS, have expertise in one or more of our core content areas, and work efficiently.
Freelance Editor Responsibilities include:
- Handling pitches from writers and assigning multiple short news pieces on a daily basis
- Editing (for grammar, clarity, factuality,) writing display, and optimizing copy for publication
- Identifying upcoming news and coverage needs
- Editing, consolidating and updating existing content
- Working with our social media and newsletter teams to push our content out to new and existing audiences.
- Researching company financial news, collating outside research and digesting reports for writers.
Freelance Editor Qualifications
- 2-4 years of digital news publishing experience
- An intimate knowledge of banking and investing products including stocks, indices, mutual funds, ETFs, bonds, wealth management, options, futures, commodities and forex
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
- Experience with Excel and Google Docs
- Familiarity with web analytic tools like Google Analytics and Chartbeat
This is a remote position.