Research Analyst (Part-Time)
- New York, NY, USA
The Research Analyst (Part-Time) will help assist in custom market research that drives revenue, supports ad sales, and answers key internal strategic questions. You will support the Sr. Manager, Sales Marketing in executing quantitative and qualitative projects that position Investopedia as a strategic partner, and marketplace leader. Additionally, the Analyst will work internally with the Product, Content, and Marketing groups to help achieve key initiatives. The role will be part-time (15-20 hrs/week) and ideal for a graduate student who has previously worked in market research or is currently pursuing an advanced degree in social sciences or marketing.
- Assist in crafting studies, questionnaires/surveys, and discussion guides.
- Analyze research and survey results, identifying key insights within the data.
- Develop reports and presentations that answer questions and “tell a story.”
- Interpret and prepare visual presentation of data
- Program and monitor active surveys
- Conduct qualitative interviews
Nice to Have:
- Design and conduct analysis of survey data with SPSS, Q, or similar software
- You have a validated understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- You have an interest in investing, personal finance, or financial education.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience with survey software like QuestionPro, Qualtrics, or SurveyMonkey.
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS, Q, or something similar.
- Experience moderating focus groups and/or in-depth personal interviews a plus.
- Acute attention to detail required
- Confirmed knowledge of Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel
- BA/BS degree required.
- 1-2 years of experience conducting custom market research in a corporate or academic setting.
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both visionary and fun, and in the market for amazing colleagues who share that mentality. We are daring, creative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row (2016, 2017 & 2018) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.