Temporary Express Reporter
- New York, NY, USA
More About Us:
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, The Daily Beast now reaches more than 20 million readers per month. The Daily Beast is based in New York and is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC).
What We Can Offer You
The Express Reporter will be an integral member of the breaking news team in our New York offices. You’ll help our senior leadership team report out news coverage of the most important stories of the day, from politics to entertainment and world news—all while working alongside and learning from our amazing team of seasoned journalists.
What You Get To Do
· Report out breaking news stories on a variety of beats, from politics to pop culture to world news and more.
· Work with our Breaking News and Cheat Sheet teams to shape the site’s voice and coverage.
· Engage with readers on a variety of social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Reddit.
· Learn advanced reporting skills with court records and investigative tools.
What You Bring To Us
· 6 months’ experience at a national news organization
· College degree preferable
· A keen insight into what viewers want from the news
· Speed and excellent news judgment
· An obsessive interest in getting the news out quickly and helping readers understand the most important stories of the day, month, year
· A voracious news diet
· A hunger to work in a fast-paced newsroom and to stay abreast of the competition
· Clean copy and good, strong prose
Why Work Here
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of our benefits: fully stock kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular!
More About Us
Why The Daily Beast? We reach over 20mm of the most affluent and influential readers on the web, the majority of whom are millennials. We have the aesthetic, quality, and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-savvy required to be a digital only publisher. We are the best in the business at content partnerships, and we prove it through home grown proprietary content tools that allow us to both predict what our partners should write about, but also measure the success of their content. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines