Technical Project Manager
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager to join our Project Management team in Edmonton. You will bring technical knowledge and agile project management experience to help us make better business decisions, get better at planning projects and help teams make improvements to achieve greater performance. By working with agile teams, you will bring consistent measurements around our capacity to deliver quality software and give that perspective to business leaders in project roadmaps and reviews. You will also define and manage a clear project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management. With many high profile projects that empower people to make better financial decisions, this role will have a big impact!
- Lead roadmap discussions along with Product Owners and Development Managers
- Defining project goals, scope and delivery schedules
- Tracking progress, risks and issues; communicating those across the organization
- Aggregating and reporting on metrics for project cost and ROI
- Prepare and distribute progress reports
- Facilitate process improvement discussions for development teams and measure using metrics consistent across all teams
- Maintaining process best practices and mentor teams to adopt best practices
- Keep team focused on consistent and timely delivery of value using a sustainable pace
- Phenomenal communication skills especially listening and concise writing
- Experience as a Scrum master or otherwise leading Agile teams
- Experience with Jira or other Agile management tools
- Software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!