- New York, NY, USA
Your role as a Front-end Developer puts you at the top tier edge of Engineering and Product teams, in an agile environment to implement user-friendly, visually engaging experiences with our site, products, and tools. This is a mid-level role that will be part of the dynamic Personal Finance team.
- Deliver well-organized, responsive, HTML/CSS (Sass/SCSS) for frontend components. (we don’t rely on code-splitting for all situations)
- Be a driving strength for our component library microsite, providing Editors with info on use of components within our CMS.
- Produce and promote Frontend framework standards. Facilitate decisions around lean iteration vs. large comprehensive additions.
- Work closely with the Product team to devise and implement creative/interactive prototypes to validate assumptions and deliver optimal experiences.
- Ideally you use good data design sense to improve the team’s choices around cardified information and components.
About the Team:
As the world’s largest financial education property, Investopedia is the premier go-to destination for users to empower themselves with the knowledge and confidence to take action with their money. The Personal Finance Team was established to take that experience to the next level, building tools and resources that will allow our educated audience to make decisions on what products and services they will use. Across brokerage, mortgages, autos, personal loans, credit cards, and much more, our team will build innovative products to serve the $30 billion consumer financial services industry.
Challenges We’re Excited to Take on in 2018:
- Develop an innovative personalization system that helps user make informed choices without trust-breakdowns from bad advertising practices.
- Become America’s top destination for resources on choosing various personal finance vehicles – mortgages, credit cards, student loans, personal loans, and more.
- Launch a new visual design style for the overall Investopedia Personal Finance brand.
- Design a system of frontend components that work individually and in sync with each other to give unified structure to the user experience.
- Proficient in HTML5, CSS3 across modern browsers back to IE 10.
- Can independently code with a Frontend framework like Vuejs, React, Angular, or other SPA or SPA-like tool.
- Must be capable of debugging in and out of browser.
- Capable with git, writing proper pull requests, semantic commits and clean git-flow branches. Ideally aware of public FOSS practices and maintainer styles.
- Understanding of semantic DOM, SEO conventions, accessibility, and an ongoing attention to detail for these design patterns.
- Capable with setup of your development environment, git, etc. Ideally some awareness of the full stack and deploy chain.
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both visionary and fun, and in the market for amazing colleagues who share that mentality. We are daring, creative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status