Senior Product Analyst
- Oakland, CA, USA
Dictionary.com is the world's leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
What you get to do:
· Become an authority in using the full breadth of Dictionary.com data sources and analytics resources in order to solve difficult, non-routine problems
· Partner with product and marketing teams to understand how users interact with our sites and how 3rd parties are performing in order to guide product initiatives
· Provide analysis on internal and external business trends that influence strategic and tactical decisions
· Help design and interpret multivariate tests of new site features and layouts
· Regularly present learnings to cross functional teams and senior leadership
· Develop robust financial models that benchmark performance and aid prioritization decisions
· Research new big data technologies and identify best use of these tools
What you bring to us:
You are a quick-learner who enjoys the challenge of working across a variety of business problems simultaneously. You are curious and driven to use data to make an impact on the business. You have keen business intincts and you love using data to enrich understanding of the business and to inform decision making.
· 3+ years of work experience in business analytics in which you demonstrated an ability to drive bottom line impact
· Previous experience in consumer web/mobile, internet advertising, internet search, e-commerce or related field
· Proven experience applying analytics skills to drive insights and decision making
· Advanced SQL
· Experience with Excel & PowerPoint
· Experience with Tableau, Hadoop, Hive, and Spark is preferred
· Experience with Python or other scripting language is a bonus
· Strong attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Finance or quantitative field
Why work for us:
· You will have real impact on the success and growth of an iconic internet brand
· You will get to see firsthand how news topics influence the words people look up in the dictionary
· You will get in touch with your data “artist” side by looking for innovative ways to provide insight into user trends
· You will get to work with our lexicographers to help understand and describe the development of the English language
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. As the most innovative and technologically advanced dictionary, we are committed to accelerating the discovery and mastery of the English language in all its forms. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.