- Los Angeles, CA, USA
More About Us:
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, The Daily Beast now reaches more than 20 million readers per month. The Daily Beast is based in New York and is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC).
What We Can Offer You:
The Daily Beast is looking to hire an Entertainment Reporter. For location LA is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate will have a high news metabolism, is attuned to the film industry, television and pop culture, and able to break news on original stories and emerging trends.
- Research/write multiple items from stories relating to entertainment
- Fulfill writer and editor requests for background or primary research
- Examine copy for accuracy, checking all factual information, quotes and statistics
- Should be well-versed in pop culture and high culture, with an interest in celebrity, art, entertainment, Hollywood, music, film, and television
- A talent for engaging headlines
What You Bring Us:
- 1-2 years’ experience at a news organization preferable
- Social Media skills
- Have a thorough knowledge of current events and newsmakers, online media and blogs
- Basic copyediting skills, including reading text for spelling, style, proper word usage and grammar
- Ability to work well under pressure, complete tasks efficiently and handle tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Why work for us?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.