Tech Support Coordinator- Contract to hire
- Oakland, CA, USA
About The Role
As a Tech Support Coordinator at IAC Publishing, you’ll support the IT infrastructure as well as cloud based solutions that are implemented. You will get to collaborate with many teams to build and support IT infrastructure. You will create, automate and document processes to make the team more efficient.
You will be working primarily out of Ask Media Group’s Oakland Headquarters, while reporting into Dotdash Management. There is potential to be exposed to other brands that we support within the IAC Publishing family; Investopedia.com, Dotdash (previously About.com) and The Daily Beast.
- You are an experienced systems administrator who enjoys a team environment.
- You seek out collaboration and partnership with technology and business contacts.
- You are a thoughtful problem solver with informed and defensible positions who is always learning.
- You will leverage your creativity, positive attitude and ability to provide solutions for success.
- You are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution, work with something you will take pride in and help us envision what great things we can do with technology
About Your Contributions
- Manage network infrastructure and troubleshoot a variety of network hardware
- Manage Identity Provider using SAML (preferably Okta)
- Manage Office 365 and Active Directory at large scale
- Manage Security Solutions (such as CarbonBlack, Symantec Endpoint Protection, JAMF Casper Suite, PhishMe)
- Manage Operating System Deployment Tools (Windows/OSX)
- Knowledge of VMWare, vCenter and ESXi, VM templating, LUN/volume management infrastructure
- Provide end-user support
- Experience with Active Directory administration and Office 365 / Exchange Online
- iSCSI storage arrays, hardware RAID, & filesystems (NTFS, VMFS)
- Windows File server administration (DFS experience optional, but nice)
- Multi-factor authentication (Okta specifically)
- Troubleshooting Skills (Networking Skills (DNS, DHCP, WIFI (Meraki))
- Windows Server/Client & OS X Knowledge
- Ability to work without instruction
- Excellent communication skills and rigorous with documentation
- Huge pluses (but not required):
- Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Understanding of change control
- Linux experience
- Understanding of highly distributed, multi-site systems with high-availability requirements
- Understanding of network technologies and able to learn quickly and adapt to new, unfamiliar products
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status