Director, Software Engineering
- New York, NY, USA
The Director of Software Engineering will be a key member of the Investopedia team with responsibility for attracting premier talent and providing leadership and mentoring to the engineering team. The Director of Software Engineering will be a strong contributing member of the team who is involved in the infrastructure, enterprise architecture, product engineering road mapping, SEO technical initiatives and more. You are a respected technology leader with a track record for building and leading a best-in class engineering teams in a fast paced, results driven environment. You will be the custodian of the engineering culture within the NYC and EDMONTON offices traveling 25% of each month.
- Lead geo-located teams across web, newsletter, mobile and emerging platforms
- Build solutions for high volume and scale using cloud solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Champion operational excellence; establish metrics for continuous improvement
- Modernize and streamline development processes using Agile frameworks
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to team and peers
- Drive initiatives for audience growth, user acquisition, monetization and personalization
- Key partner in strategic planning, engineering budgets and infrastructure needs
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 10+ years of web development experience in a rapidly changing environment
- 3+ years of software engineering management experience; 2+ years of running dev managers and/or tech leads
- 5+ years of hands on experience in Publishing Media and CMS integrations
- Highly proficient in SEO, migrations and engineering best practices
- Authority in modern web practices including mobile first, component libraries, page speed and continuous integration
- Authority in database design, application architecture and SOA or Micro Services
- Proficient in Agile processes and road mapping
- Proficient in ad monetization, viewability and ad taxonomy integrations
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work three years in a row (2016, 2017, & 2018) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.