Data Analyst Intern
- W 41st St, New York, NY, USA
Do you love data? Charts? Finding trends in numbers? The Investopedia Business Intelligence team is looking for an insightful and passionate Data Analyst intern to support our reporting efforts and help deliver actionable insights to several different departments. You need to be detail-oriented, and have the ability to pick up nuances of various types of datasets and databases. You will be assisting in both report maintenance report building, and should be inquisitive, thorough, and resourceful.
- Pull ad-hoc data requests from our database using SQL
- Deliver clear written and/or verbal summaries of your analysis to the team, using charts and visualizations in Excel as needed
- Help monitor and track KPIs
- Keep our Tableau reports fresh and up to date by adding new features/requests as needed and troubleshooting problems if they arise
- Help spot and investigate major changes in data - whether negative or positive - to understand causes of spikes in trends
- Support report building efforts by building SQL queries, QAing data, testing automation, and reporting bugs
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL is a must, with at least 1 year experience in an analytics role, or skill-level equivalent
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookup, chart creation, advanced formulas, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management: can set and deliver on expectations in the agreed upon amount of time
- Ability to learn/explore new tools quickly
- Strong critical thinker
- Experience with Tableau and Google Analytics is a plus
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both visionary and fun, and in the market for amazing colleagues who share that mentality. We are daring, creative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.