Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer
- Oakland, CA, USA
Dictionary.com is the world's leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
As a Sr. Software Test Automation Engineer, you are passionate towards quality and improving overall efficiency of the engineering process. You believe the automated tests running as part of the CI/CD pipelines unleash the development team’s potential.
• Highly energetic and committed to a great product and culture.
• Leaving your ego at the door to thrive in healthy debate.
• Passionate with integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance.
• A team player as likely to learn as to mentor your colleagues.
• A strong communicator with solid analytical skills.
• Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
• A world-class engineer looking for the right team & opportunity to make an impact.
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with strong software development experience with emphasis on quality and productivity tools. The ideal candidate should have at least few years of experience in working on internet-scale services. As part of the Dev Services team, your responsibilities include working closely with in-house full-stack engineers, devops, site reliability engineers, business stakeholders and project managers. The selected candidate should not be afraid to question assumptions and should possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills. You will need to have both the technical chops and the communication skills to articulate your ideas as well as influence others.
• At least 5 years of experience in software development.
• Practical knowledge of QA and test automation frameworks such as Selenium, and their implementation patterns.
• Hands on experience with automated End-2-End and Component-level testing of the applications built with modern web frameworks, such as Node.js, React or Angular.
• Experience with Agile software development models.
• Familiarity with development and deployment automation technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Git, Go, AWS CodeDeploy.
• Familiarity with UNIX/Linux based systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or relevant industry experience.
As the world’s leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly users attain language success. As the most innovative and technologically advanced dictionary, we are committed to accelerating the discovery and mastery of the English language in all its forms. Our leading mobile applications have been downloaded more than 100 million times – and we are just getting started. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform that will enable and inspire social connection, communication, learning, creativity and expression in the connected world.
Dictionary.com offers competitive salaries, plus amazing benefits and perks. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.