Senior Weekend Editor
- New York, NY, USA
More About Us:
Why The Daily Beast? We reach over 20 million of the most affluent and influential readers on the web. We have the aesthetic, quality, and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-savvy required to be a digital only publisher. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, breaking news to pop culture.
What We Can Offer You:
The Senior Weekend Editor will be an integral member of the senior news team in our New York offices. You’ll direct news coverage of the most important stories that occur on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, coordinate with the social team to drive reader engagement, and have a say in how we cover the most important stories in the news today.
What You’d Get to Do:
· Direct our news coverage Friday morning-Sunday night and set the site up for a strong Monday start
· Assign and edit weekend columnists and feature stories
· Analyze how our readers and viewers are interacting with our weekend offerings and innovate on new products to provide news value to our users
· Edit and manage the homepage Friday-Sunday night
· Coordinate with the social team to deliver weekend stories and breaking news across our various platforms
· Drive reader engagement through weekend offerings
· Coordinate with the senior edit team on any important news coverage that originates on the weekends and on big news that breaks on the weekends
· Manage and edit the weekend staff writers
· Directly report to The Daily Beast’s Editor-in-Chief and Executive Editor
What You Bring Us:
· 5+ years’ experience at a national or international news organization
· Advanced college degree preferable
· A keen insight into breaking news situations
· Speed and excellent news judgment
· An obsessive interest in getting the news out quickly and helping readers understand the most important stories of the day, month, year
· A voracious news diet
· A hunger to work in a fast-paced newsroom and to stay abreast of the competition
· A talent for long-form editing is a plus
Why work for us?
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of the best in benefits. We offer discretionary vacation (as in take what you need with approval for all exempt and non-guild employees), commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) matching, subsidized gym membership, fully stock kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.