Sr. Dev ops Engineer
- Oakland, CA, USA
Dictionary.com is the world's leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
As a Sr. Dev Services Engineer, you are passionate towards improving the efficiency of the engineering. You believe the CI/CD pipelines and test automation unleash the development teams potential. You will work closely with various stakeholders to build and support an infrastructure that is critical to the success of the company.
• Highly energetic and committed to a great product and culture.
• Leaving your ego at the door to thrive in healthy debate.
• Passionate with integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance.
• A team player as likely to learn as to mentor your colleagues.
• A strong communicator with solid analytical skills.
• Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast paced environment.
• A world-class engineer looking for the right team & opportunity to make an impact.
We are looking for a self starting, energetic individual with very strong software development experience with emphasis on productivity tools development and DevOps chops. The ideal candidate should have at least few years of experience in working on internet-scale services. As part of the Dev Services team, your responsibilities include working closely with in-house full-stack engineers, site reliability engineers, business stakeholders and project managers. The selected candidate should not be afraid to question assumptions and should possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills. You will need to have both the technical chops and the communication skills to articulate your ideas as well as influence others.
• Overall 5+ years of experience in software development.
• Hands on experience with development and deployment automation technologies such as Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Git, Ansible, OpenStack, Kubernetes, Mesos.
• Practical knowledge of QA and test automation frameworks such as Selenium, and their implementation patterns.
• Proficiency with AWS and associated practices.
• Practical production and post-production support experience.
• UNIX/Linux based system administration experience.
• Strong software and system design skills.
• Several years of experience in any of the programming languages such as Java, Scala, Ruby, Python, or Go.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or relevant industry experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.