Sr. Software Engineer- Ad-Tech
- Oakland, CA, USA
Dictionary.com is the world's leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
As a Sr. Software Engineer - AdTech, you will be working closely with our front-end engineering and revenue teams. You will also work closely with product management and various business owners to build and support an infrastructure that is critical to the success of the company.
• Highly energetic and committed to a great product and culture.
• Leaving your ego at the door to thrive in healthy debate.
• Passionate with integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance.
• A team player as likely to learn as to mentor your colleagues.
• A strong communicator with solid analytical skills.
• Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast paced environment.
• A world-class engineer looking for the right team & opportunity to make an impact.
• Work on systems that display ads, automate ads operations.
• Partner with a team of yield managers, data scientists product manager and analysts to grow monetization.
• Design, build and support real-time and batch data pipelines that track and attribute ads.
• Own ad-related engineering processes.
• 5+ years of experience building data-driven web applications at scale.
• Proven experience in implementing programmatic solutions: RTB (header bidding, prebid.js, supply-side platforms, etc), DFP & GPT.
• Familiarity with Node.js or similar web technologies.
• Solid software and system design skills.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Relevant BS/MS degree.
• BI and data visualization experience - Tableau, Kibana, Plotly.
• Real-time data processing at scale.
• AWS experience.