Senior Front End
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
We are looking for a strong Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team at Investopedia.
- You work closely with our design and tech teams to build engaging, next level products
- You collaborate with other developers to maintain standards and create a re-usable codebase
- You mentor and manage team members skill sets
- You anticipate business needs and propose efficient technology solutions to requirements
- You create clean, semantic markup inline with current methodologies in a timely manner
- You create elegant and performant client-side application code
- You implement cross platform and browser design layouts in code to the pixel
- You stay up to date with new technologiess
- Minimum 5+ years of front end development experience
- Expert knowledge with HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, JSON, AJAX
- Proficient with third party API integrations, REST web services
- Proficient with mobile first responsive web development
- Proficient with integration with Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
- Experience with modern CSS precompilers (LESS, SASS/SCSS, STYLUS)
- Experience with software applications such as Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with JS task runner framework like Gulp, Grunt, and/or Webpack
- Experience with NodeJS, Express and VueJS
Nice to Have:
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with the digital media industry
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both visionary and fun, and in the market for amazing colleagues who share that mentality. We are daring, creative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.