Product Manager- Intern
- Oakland, CA, USA
Dictionary.com is the world's leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
Dictionary.com is seeking a Product Management Intern. This internship will provide you with experience in a wide range of vital product management skills for a world-renowned brand. You will be asked to interact with content marketing, engineering, and an outsourced team of software developers to produce features and products that support new initiatives for the Dictionary.com Editorial team.
Dictionary.com has a strong culture of experimentation and user testing. You will be asked to hypothesize and test so that we may learn more about how we can best serve our audience. You will also be responsible for launching & assessing new features and products, which includes gathering and communicating requirements for features that may rely on third-party services, including ESPs and analytics services. A strong technical understanding of the capabilities of each platform is necessary.
- Provide requirements for new products and improve existing products
- Hypothesize and collaborate in running user testing studies
- Verify and take responsibility for feature development
- Become the subject matter expert for several third-party platforms
- Gain a strong technical understanding of the WordPress platform
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field (completed or in progress), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with software products & internet technologies in some in-depth manner
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Data driven with strong analytics skills
- Ability to work well in teams and take initiative
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel with any project
To Apply, please submit the following
- Cover letter