INTERN Data Science / Engineer (3 Months )
- Oakland, CA, USA
We have a passion for building digital experiences that educate and inform millions of people all over the world.
Headquartered in Oakland’s vibrant tech scene, Ask Media Group is focused on building unique digital experiences in a variety of search, content, and ecommerce categories. Across all the Ask Media Group properties, we reach 100 million unique users per month around the globe.
We are serious about fostering a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we’re looking for great people to come join our team.
We have dozens of classifiers that we apply to short text (for example, based on your search query, are you interested in cars, food, taxes, etc.?). We are constantly looking to improve these classifiers and make them easier and more efficient to use. Join our team of engineers and data scientists to improve our text classifiers and perform new analysis based on previous work
- You're a student at a Bay Area university or college.
- Advanced Experience applying statistical methods, including data description, advanced data visualizations, and hypothesis testing.
- Experience in applying machine learning model, including supervised (e.g., linear and logistic regression, random forests) models, unsupervised (e.g., k-means) models, and natural language processing techniques.
- Foundational knowledge of probability and mathematical reasoning.
- Experience with one or more programming languages, especially Python or R.
Our office has free snacks, commuter subsidy, and an arcade. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.