Sr Data Engineer
- Oakland, CA, USA
Dictionary.com is the world's leading digital English dictionary and thesaurus. With over 5 Billion annual look-ups, Dictionary.com helps more than 70 million monthly people use the English language with confidence. We are hard at work reinventing the dictionary as a platform, and are looking for experienced software engineers to join us on the journey.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be working closely with our Engineering and BI teams. You will also work closely with product management and various business owners to build and support an infrastructure that is critical to the success of the company.
• Highly energetic and committed to a great product and culture.
• Leaving your ego at the door to thrive in healthy debate.
• Passionate with integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance.
• A team player as likely to learn as to mentor your colleagues.
• A strong communicator with solid analytical skills.
• Self-driven and tireless in the pursuit of high quality results in a fast paced environment.
• A world-class engineer looking for the right team & opportunity to make an impact.
• Design, build and support our data pipelines to help power our BI and analytics platform.
• Work together with the engineering, product and data science teams on collecting and processing data from our users, ad modules, event aggregation, and various 3rd party systems.
• Speak the same language with data scientists, implementing various algorithms and data pipelines.
• 5 years of experience building data-driven web applications at scale.
• Hands-on experience designing and building data pipelines, ETL/ELT processes, reporting tools.
• Passion and feeling for data - volume, velocity, visibility, and variety.
• Strong software and system design skills.
• Proﬁciency with SQL and one of the folloiwng: Java, Python, Node.js.
• Experience with Apache Big Data stack.
• Familiarity with modern distributed data architectures.
• Hands-on experience with AWS data services, such as DynamoDB, S3, RDS, Kinesis, Red Shift, EMR.
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL, such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Druid.
• Knowledge of modern Unix/Linux development and runtime environments.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Relevant BS/MS degree.
***Bonus Points ***
• Adtech experience a big plus.
• BI and data visualization experience - Tableau, Kibana, Plotly.
• Knowledge of statistics.
• Machine Learning.
• Real-time data processing at scale.
e kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.