UX Research Intern
- New York, NY, USA
Based in New York City, the Investopedia Summer Internship provides real-world experience on the job and the challenge to deliver value to the company. Spend 10 weeks with us, to make “Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing” happen.
Investopedia’s Product Design Department is seeking User Research Intern who can work up to 40 hours/week with us from June 4th - August 10th.
You are a validation fanatic, who advocates for excellent user experience delivered through data-backed design decisions. You are a self-starting researcher who is excited not only to learn more about great design, but also to help kick start a ux research lab at Investopedia and make it an integral part of our design practice. You are a systems-based thinker who knows how to plan, do, and document.
Ideal candidate is pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in User Experience Research/Design, HCI, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field.
UX Research Intern will be teaming up with UX and Product Designers to ensure the user tests we’re doing are designed and executed well, the data is analyzed to yield valuable insights, and the results are reported and organized in an archive that benefits everyone in product.
- Help plan, define, and kick off an Investopedia-wide research lab
- Designing, planning, scoping, and conducting research including user tests, usability analysis, and other research methods
- Analyze and report data to surface valuable insights to the product and design teams
- Synthesize ux research findings with relevant reports from Business Intelligence
- Tag, organize, and archive research reports into a searchable database transparent and available to the whole team
- Facilitate evidence-based design decisions practices
To be eligible for an Investopedia internship, you must be registered as a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Those applying must be available for the full duration of the internship. Applicants must be entering their sophomore or junior year.
- Must have academic or professional experience with various user testing methodologies and reporting on findings
- Portfolio with 2 or more well-documented academic or professional case studies reflecting research process and conclusions
- Bonus: Experience with usertesting.com or other remote testing platforms
- Bonus: Experience with Google Analytics or other data tracking
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!