SEO & Content Marketing Intern
- New York, NY, USA
Based in New York City, the Investopedia Summer Internship provides real-world experience on the job and the challenge to deliver value to the company. Spend 10 weeks with us, to make “Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing” happen.
Investopedia’s SEO team is seeking SEO & Content Marketing Intern who can work up to 40 hours/week with us from June 4th - August 10th.
Getting traffic to your website is about good content. Content that reflects not only quality, but also strategy, knowing exactly what search engines want to see to show your content to the world. Investopedia is looking for someone passionate about content strategy. Someone who can write and edit, but also make creative and effective choices concerning formatting and to get the most eyes on the page. You will be learning the tenants of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), working intimately with internal SEO team, and be responsible for hundreds of articles that come your way.
- Optimize content towards relevant keywords for enhanced SEO to gain higher traffic numbers
- Oversee freelancer work to ensure content is optimized before going live
- Complete ad-hoc SEO requests and participate in small and large scale content projects
- Learn Investopedia brand and content strategy and provide insight and opinion towards improvement
- Communicate frequently with management about the status of projects and identify areas for improved efficiency
To be eligible for an Investopedia internship, you must be registered as a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Those applying must be available for the full duration of the internship. Applicants must be entering their sophomore or junior year.
- Experience in SEO or digital marketing
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong ability to communicate with others, give feedback, and confidently guide those who have questions
- Fluency in Google Sheets
- Interest in finance is a plus!
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!