Editorial - Graphic Design Intern
- New York, NY, USA
Based in New York City, the Investopedia Summer Internship provides real-world experience on the job and the challenge to deliver value to the company. Spend 10 weeks with us, to make “Sharper Insight. Smarter Investing” happen.
Investopedia’s Product Design Department is seeking Graphic Design Intern who can work up to 40 hours/week with us from June 4th - August 10th.
You are a creative graphic designer, interested in creating digital illustrations and interactive digital content. You’re an imaginative thinker and understand digital content and its potential and limitations. You are also organized and able to manage your time in an efficient manner.
Ideal candidate is pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, or any other design-related field.
Graphic Design Intern will be an integral part of the Personal Finance team and work closely with the content editors to conceptualize and create interactive content and visual design elements for the Investopedia Personal Finance brand.
- Research current design trends and pitch visual design related ideas for content
- Assist Product Design team in creating interactive mockups of digital content
- Help create a distinct Investopedia Personal Finance look and feel (brand) when it comes to illustrations, and other design assets.
- Contribute visual design to new content related components
To be eligible for an Investopedia internship, you must be registered as a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Those applying must be available for the full duration of the internship. Applicants must be entering their sophomore or junior year.
- Must have academic or professional experience working on digital content.
- Portfolio with digital illustrations or content layout (or other organized digital works)
- Bonus: Experience working for an agency or with a finance brand.
- Bonus: Portfolio examples or mockups of creative content layout.
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 30 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!