Programmatic Yield Analyst
- 555 W 18th St, New York, NY 10011, USA
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news, and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, we now reach more than 20 million readers per month. We are based in New York and are an operating business of IAC.
What we can offer you
You will be an integral member of the Programmatic Revenue Operations team. You get to be responsible for the monetization strategy for programmatic inventory sold across The Daily Beast. You will work closely with the Product and Business Strategy teams to develop revenue-driving performance by generating and identifying data-driven results to inform relevant business trends across desktop, mobile and video.
What you get to do
- Maximize campaign delivery, revenue, margin, and eCPM performance for impressions sold programmatically
- Contribute to the evolution of overall revenue strategy with A/B testing and analysis
- Collaborate with the development team to build and test custom ad revenue programs
- Further the development of existing reporting tools and build new tools to optimize and test product changes and revenue impacts
- Design metrics and build, monitor, and maintain dashboards to track key revenue/monetization metrics
- Help inform the business team on CPM, impression and revenue trends through data-driven insights
- Manage partnerships and communication with strategic Programmatic Exchange partners
- Help monitor and maintain ad quality across our portfolio of partners
What you bring to us
- Your passion and commitment to succeed in a busy entrepreneurial environment
- 2-3 years’ experience in pricing, yield management, or sales analytics for a publisher, agency or ad tech vendor
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Excellent quantitative, communication, and social skills
- Ad Exchange or Programmatic advertising experience
- Hands-on experience working with SSPs (Appnexus, OpenX, Index, ADX preferred)
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Experience with Deal IDs and managing 3rd party ad tags in a demand stack
- Keen understanding of RTB/Programmatic landscape
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, science, technical field or equivalent experience
Why work here
The Daily Beast is a globally recognized publication at IAC HQ in pristine Chelsea in New York City. Being part of IAC, we are able to provide you some of the best in benefits. We offer discretionary vacation (as in take what you need with approval for all exempt and non-guild employees), commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) matching, subsidized gym membership, fully stock kitchens with snacks and drinks, and excuses to celebrate all the time! Work for us and work for something spectacular!
More about Us
Why The Daily Beast? We reach over 20mm of the most affluent and influential readers on the web, the majority of whom are millennials. We have the aesthetic, quality, and editorial chops of a traditional media company with the nimble, tech-savvy required to be a digital only publisher. We are the best in the business at content partnerships, and we prove it through home grown proprietary content tools that allow us to both predict what our partners should write about, but also measure the success of their content. This is a rare opportunity to work for a well-known, well respected digital brand that helps drive the national conversation from politics to fashion, or breaking news to culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.