Content Production and SEO Intern
- W 41st St, New York, NY, USA
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
LOOKING TO FILL POSITION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. MUST BE LOCATED IN GREATER NYC AREA.
Getting traffic to your website is about good content. Content that reflects not only quality, but also strategy, knowing exactly what search engines want to see to show your content to the world. If you want to learn the skills behind effective content for a web publication, optimizing content for search, the Investopedia Content and Editorial Team is looking for you. Investopedia is looking for someone passionate about content strategy. Someone who can write and edit, but also make creative and effective choices concerning formatting, article structure, link building and more, to get the most eyes on the page. You will be learning the tenants of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), overseeing editorial, working intimately with internal and freelance writers, and be responsible for hundreds of articles that come your way.
- Review content from editors for internal standards of quality
- Optimize content towards relevant keywords for enhanced SEO to gain higher traffic numbers
- Monitor groups of writers and editors for quality assurance
- Complete ad-hoc SEO requests and participate in small and large scale content projects
- Learn Investopedia brand and content strategy and provide insight and opinion towards improvement
- Communicate frequently with management about the status of projects and identify areas for improved efficiency
- Familiarity working within a Content Management System (CMS)
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong ability to communicate with others, give feedback, and confidently guide those who have questions
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization principals and key terminology (keyword, meta-title, SERP, etc)
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Interest in finance is a plus!
This position is located at our New York City office and we are looking for a candidate who can start as soon as possible.