Manager, Strategic Partnerships
- 555 City Center, 555 12th St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
About Ask Media Group
Home to the iconic Ask.com website and headquartered in Oakland’s thriving downtown, Ask Media Group is a collection of websites that help curious people find the information they need. Our growing portfolio of websites helps our users discover everything from bathrobes to tax forms, and we thrive on the challenge of developing a wide variety of sites that address everyday questions, no matter how large or small. Our team knows how to not only create but profitably grow digital properties to meaningful scale, touching the lives of millions of people each day. Ask Media Group is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) and is a part of IAC Publishing, IAC’s collection of premium content brands
Ask Media Group’s Strategy & Growth team is looking for a detail-oriented and data-driven Manager of Strategic Partnerships to oversee day to day management and performance of our search, social, and content partners.
What we can offer you
In this unique role that combines account management, product management, and digital marketing, you will be responsible for revenue and site traffic targets that are achieved by prioritizing and leveraging the resources of our existing search and content partnerships. The ideal candidate should be comfortable with data and analytics, managing both external and internal relationships, and fluent in search-related monetization and metrics. This role will help shape the global growth strategy for our portfolio of search and content sites.
What you get to do
- Own account management for social marketing agencies, editorial content partners (written and video), and 3rd party monetization providers.
- Monitor daily key performance indicators associated with key partnerships (hourly and daily traffic, revenue, user experience), as well as contractual compliance.
- Liaise with BI and engineering teams to identify and track needed partner-specific performance metrics, user experience and revenue performance improvement opportunities on existing sites and partner feeds, and trouble-shoot any outstanding performance or tracking issues.
- Schedule and analyze A/B tests to improve ROI.
- Forecast monthly traffic and revenue associated with key partnerships.
- Assist with end of month invoicing and billing.
- Manage weekly check-in meetings with key partners, assessing performance and opportunities for improvement; Become a trusted advisor and help manage additional opportunities for partnership growth.
- Own business targets and take part in product roadmap.
What you bring to us
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a client facing or business development position.
- Understanding of product management and marketing perspectives.
- Ability to navigate effectively across engineering, product, and marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a strategic understanding of publisher and advertising industry business models.
- Fluency and experience in search monetization, as well as search or social marketing is a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills including presentations, with the ability to exude executive presence.
Why Work for Us
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch, in-house massage chair, and more. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.