Finance Analyst, FP&A
- New York, NY, USA
You love numbers and data. You will work directly with the VP of Finance, Senior Finance Analyst and all of the department heads on budgeting, forecasting and reporting. The ideal candidate will be very hands-on, curious, flexible and service-oriented. You will need to develop smooth, cooperative working relationships with all levels and be comfortable presenting financial information in a clear concise way.
- Financial planning including annual operating plan and monthly forecast updates with focus on traffic, monetization, revenue, expenses, and headcount.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting packages including P&L’s, revenue dashboards, and other key deliverable to corporate office.
- Partner with accounting during month end close to ensure timely and accurate financial results. Includes oversight of close as well as accruals.
- Variance analysis comparing financial results, key metrics, and traffic to plan and prior period. Building roadmaps/recons for management to understand key variances.
- Coordinate key processes for financial and operational planning (monthly finance reviews, QBM’s, etc)
- Data retrieval, input and maintenance for multiple finance files.
- Monitor and develop methodologies for analyzing business KPIs. Inform business decisions with thoughtful analysis.
- Deliver clear verbal and written explanations of analyses to senior management that translate findings into strategic recommendations.
- 2-3 years financial planning experience, including Reporting, Financial Analysis, Accounting or related fields. Prior experience with online advertising businesses is a plus.
- Experience providing decision support to senior management
- Demonstrated forecasting skills and understanding of business financial structures
- Ability to set and deliver on expectations in the agreed-upon amount of time
- Expert in Excel and proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable managing meetings and interfacing with executive management team
- Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Discoverer helpful
- Media/E-commerce experience is a plus
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.