Social Media Intern
- 555 W 18th St, New York, NY 10011, USA
The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion from big personalities in the arenas of politics, pop-culture, world news and more. Fiercely independent and armed with irreverent intelligence, The Daily Beast now reaches more than 20 million readers per month. The Daily Beast is based in New York and is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC).
The Daily Beast is seeking dependable, self-motivated, and inquisitive interns to join our social media team full- time this winter in New York. The internship is an exciting opportunity for emerging journalists to learn how a newsroom works while gaining hands-on experience.
Duties will include assisting with the day-to-day management of our official accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Interns will also help track analytics, create a social media content calendar, strategize reader-engagement opportunities, and manage social media partnerships with other news organizations. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented with a strong interest in social media, pop culture, and current events.
- Prior knowledge of social media management systems (SocialFlow, Sprout, Sprinklr, TweetDeck, HootSuite).
- In-depth understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Snapchat.
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Video editing skills are a plus
This paid internship will run from mid-January to mid-April and is generally Monday-Friday but some nights and weekends may be required.
Must be New York-based. This is not a remote-only position