Associate Product Manager
- 114 W 41st St, New York, NY 10036, USA
We are seeking a Associate Product Manager to join the Investopedia Product Team. You will be responsible for supporting three initiatives: user issues with our stock Simulator product, editorial team issues with our Content Management System (CMS), and Sales team support for campaigns.
Investopedia operates one of the world’s top stock market simulators supporting hundreds of thousands of users each month. The editorial team provides insights into our users’ toughest retirement, savings, investing, and trading questions. The sales team creates award-winning advertising experiences for some of finance’s largest brands, including Blackrock , Wells Fargo and Vanguard.
- Act as single point of contact for support inquiries with Simulator end users
- Replicate bugs reported by end users
- Write requirements for developers to address bugs
- Troubleshoot issues with corporate actions within the Simulator (stock splits, dividends, symbol changes, etc.)
- Stay on top of upcoming corporate actions and input them into the Simulator
- Own/update stock simulator “help” documentation
Content Management System
- Troubleshoot editorial issues with our CMS (login, content display, image upload, metadata)
- Fix issues yourself, wherever possible, when reported by editorial
- Communicate when issues have been resolved
- Replicate reported problems and write requirements for developers to fix
- Own and update CMS training documentation
- Ensure that all campaigns are functioning as expected before launch (content is updated, images appear, format is correct)
- Troubleshoot issues with on-going campaigns
- Provide learning sessions to help editors and sales execute their vision
- 1-2 years of experience in a finance/financial services related position
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance and/or economics
- Interest in the stock market
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of how a CMS works
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Commitment to continuous improvement and working in a world-class team culture
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group (http://bit.ly/1UmhijO)
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.