- 114 W 41st St, New York, NY 10036, USA
What You Get to Do
The world’s leading source of financial information is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of our content library. As Project Manager, you will be expected to hit the ground running in regards to the project management of a new SEO-driven project . You should have exceptional organizational skills and be able to juggle multiple priorities at once while keeping all aspects of the project in sync.
This role combines high-level project execution with editorial management. Working with our existing SEO manager and content teams, and using the best tools and data, you will be driving a full-scale effort to update and reorganize our existing library of educational content. You will need to drive strategy, prioritize tasks, create and manage processes / workflow, and report on project results.
- Establish and manage a project list that tracks various initiatives / updates.
- Create and own timeline / schedules to ensure key milestones are met.
- Establish a content workflow for enhanced tracking and editorial collaboration—taking an article through different steps and hands—with a goal of increasing efficiency. Make enhancements to workflow based on specific project requirements and results.
- Provide frequent project status updates to management with insights on various goals and metrics.
- Work with an assistant to anticipate / manage freelance staffing needs. Oversee the recruitment of additional freelance resources.
- Closely monitor the quality of work of the freelance staff. Ensure that workloads are balanced and that resources are correctly allocated.
• Superior project management & organizational skills
• Strong written communications skills
• Experience managing a team of freelancers
• Background in editorial / content
• Exceptional Excel / Google sheets skills
• Experience analyzing large data sets generated from multiple sources
• Knowledge of investing, finance and business is a plus
Investopedia is the world’s largest financial education platform, serving over 27 million unique visitors each month. Since 1999, it has been our mission to empower the investing and financial community with the knowledge to make intelligent financial decisions. Since joining IAC in 2014, we have entered an investment period and are rapidly expanding our content while introducing new tools to further cater to our most sophisticated audiences.
We are serious about continuing to drive a company culture that is both imaginative and fun, and we’re in the market for great team players who share that mentality. We are energetic, innovative and endlessly curious and are looking for the same in our talent.
Here are a few reasons to work with us…
- Because we were voted one of the Best Places to Work two years in a row (2016 & 2017) by Business Intelligence Group, Crains Best Places to Work and a Digiday award!
- Because our employees love us on Glassdoor! (http://bit.ly/1VN8EgG)
- Because we believe in SCOPE (http://bit.ly/INV_SCOPE)
- Because you get to work with this guy! (David Siegel, CEO interview with Forbes) (http://onforb.es/1Qntovl)
- And these guys and gals! (http://bit.ly/2chB0lX)
We care about our business and want you to know everything from goals to numbers to what’s for lunch. We have doubled in size in less than a year and we’re excited for growth, innovation, hard work and fun!
We have some of the greatest benefits such as: unlimited vacation for salaried employees, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, 401(k) matching, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch more often than not, monthly in-house massages, and themed monthly snack. More importantly – we know how hard you work so we celebrate that hard work often.